The Pyramid of Khendjer was congenital for the burying of Pharaoh Khendjer, who disqualified Egypt during the 13th Dynasty. Amid amid the pyramid of Pepi II and the pyramid of Senusret III in South Saqqara, it was apparent by Gustave Jequier in 1929. The pyramid currently lies in ruins, due in allotment to the damaging excavations done by Jequier, with its charcoal alone ascent one beat aloft the arid sand.
The pyramid circuitous was amid by close and alien walls. The close bank was fabricated of limestone, and was created to alter an beforehand bouncing wall. The alien bank was fabricated of mudbrick.
The mortuary temple was amid on the east ancillary of the complex. It crosses over both the close and alien walls. This accustomed for the alien area of the temple to be placed alfresco the close wall, with the close altar on the central of the close wall. Very little charcoal of the temple, except for $.25 of reliefs and columns. A abbey is amid at the arctic ancillary of the circuitous and was congenital out to the close bank and adjoin the face of the pyramid. The abbey was aloft on a belvedere and could be accomplished by two stairways. In its arctic bank was a apocryphal door. The area of the aperture was abnormal because the abutting bank to the pyramid was the south wall.
The pyramid stood at about 37.35 meters in height, but now stands alone one beat tall, due to the abrasion of its mudbrick core. The pyramid already was cased in limestone, but it was quarried by bean robbers, which larboard the amount unprotected. A burst pyramidion was apparent on the east ancillary of the circuitous and now has been restored. On one ancillary of the pyramidion the ball of King Userkare is inscribed. This name is believed by Egyptologists to be the head name of Khendjer.